Saturday, March 05, 2005

A Tiny Flower

Clark has thought a lot about his heart since my last post. The doctor he saw was very direct and didn't fool around. That is what Clark needed, but it scared the bejeezes out of him. Clark can't remember things for even a short time, let alone before the strokes. So, all of this seems new to him, but he a fighter and wants to stay around to buy a boat and go salt water fishing. Not, fresh mind you (unfortunately we are in Ohio), but salt water. I love the ocean myself, so hopefully some day we will fulfill our dreams.
After Clark came home from the strokes, I remember a few instances, that were amazing to me. He would go outside for a walk, not mentally being all there, and he would look around and look around, then lay down where ever he was and fall asleep. This caused a few scares when he first did it, I would watch him from the window, and see the sun shining on him. Walking with a drag of his right leg and his right arm hanging limply, yet seemingly oblivious to his situation. He was out to enjoy the warmth. I went on and did a few things in the house, then went to look out the window to see if he was okay, and there he was laying on the ground. OH MY!! I ran out to where he was and discovered he was sound asleep. I woke him up, thinking something was wrong, but he was just fine. He was taking in the warmth. Anyway, he got up and suddenly went, "oh, look at that" and reached down to a tiny, tiny white flower, and said "isn't that wonderful, look at it". He was amazed at the beauty of it. I took the time and looked at it with him and agreed it was beautiful, and I felt moved by his wonderment of the smallest of things. Clark wasn't like that before, it was like he was seeing everything for the first time, yet was 60 years old.

No comments: