Sunday, March 20, 2005

Dr. M

Hyper, Hyper ....this man has so much energy, I swear he is about to explode. He is very tall, and you if you can imagine a thermometer and the mercury rising steadily, to over 100 degress, you can visualize Dr. M.
Clark saw him about 1 1/2 years ago, after he examined Clark and left the room, we looked at each other and burst out laughing. I am not sure he heard Clark answer his questions, nor did he even attempt to give him the time to answer. He would acknowledge to Clark, "yes I understand you have problems speaking from the strokes, take your time". He would then take a breath and take off with more questions, not getting answers for the previous.

It was the day after Clark's first catherization and he was very sore, not only from the catherization, but his back was killing him from laying down for so long. Clark, was getting very testy...
I explained to him that Dr. V (the Dr. who actually did the catherization and inserted the stent), wanted him to stay the weekend, so Monday they could attempt to finish.
This was not sitting well with Clark to begin with, he was insisting that he was leaving today, when Dr. M walked in the room. My heart sank, knowing this was going to turn very sour, very quick.
Dr. M walked in quickly and sat down, his foot started to tap immediately. I noticed Clark didn't recognize him and thought, "oh maybe this will be okay this time". Dr. M, quickly changed any chance of that. "Well, Mr. B here is what we are going to do",...., flipping his chart pages quickly and not looking at Clark as he spoke.
Clark tried to interject his feelings and what he wanted, but Dr. M got agitated, you could almost hear his thoughts, (how dare this man disagree with me). Dr. M, promptly cut the conversation short, told Clark, "you do what you want", stood up, looked at me and said, "you try to explain it to him", and walked quickly out of the room.
Clark was livid, I mean livid, I thought his groin artery, where they entered for the catherization, would start spurting in any moment. I was upset to, but wanted to calm Clark down, what a mess.
To shorten this story, Vickie the day nurse came in, and slowly but surely she got Clark to calm down. She convinced him to wait and she would get Dr. V on the phone and they could talk and work things out. About, 4 hours later Clark was released from the hospital, but not before Vickie expressed to us how frustrated she was with Dr. M, as she shook her fist in the air a few times. She verbalized to me, out of ear shot to Clark, that Dr. M was purposely going to take his time about signing the discharge papers for Clark, he was being a royal pain.
Dr. M, I am sure you are a okay person, but if I ever see a Dr. M enter a room where Clark is, I will pleasantly say, "Please send another doctor"......

No comments: